Thursday, September 16, 2021

Notebook Page

 IF INSOMNIA IF UNFOUND  

 

          Sleep answers many predicaments. There are days when the best one can do is sleep for a while, get up and take a stab at a dreary task and then go back to bed.  Who knows if the embrace of sleep waits there?      I have a good friend who suffers from insomnia. She is pale, thin, quiet, distracted, determined, and brilliant. Often, she is exhausted beyond measure. I encourage her. My ideas seem reasonable and therefore good.                 

“Have you tried affixing psalms to a long wall in the early evening? I mean really long.”


Polite 

is the 

silence.                                                                                                

Imagine yourself crossing the bridge at night. Black water below, moon impossibly bright. It’s like a pilgrimage.  You pause to consider the moon. What beauty!  And it costs not one penny!                                                

My mother and father died years ago. I forget who went first. My sister’s husband is dead. My brother’s wife died unexpectedly last week. I do not know where my parents’ ashes are. I truly have no idea.